Notebook Archives: February 27 | February 20 | February 13 | February 6 | January 30 | January 23 | January 16 | January 9 | December 19 | December 12 | December 5 | November 28 | November 21 | November 14 | November 7 | October 30
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (March 13, 2018) – The Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA) has released its final NJCAA Region 8 Men’s and Women’s Basketball Player of the Week selections for the 2017-18 season.
Northwest Florida State College’s Andres Feliz and Gulf Coast State College’s Shayla Bennett are the men’s and women’s players of the week, respectively. Both Feliz and Bennett were named most valuable player of their respective state tournament last weekend.
Follow FCSAA Athletics online throughout the season at www.theFCSAAsports.com, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
NJCAA Region 8 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Andres Feliz, Northwest Florida State
Sophomore – Guard
Santo Domingo, D.R.
- Named MVP of the Region 8 Men’s Basketball Tournament
- Averaged 23.3 points 7.0 rebounds, 5.7 assists, and 1.3 steals in three games during the voting period
- Shot 56.3 percent (27-of-48) from the field, 36.4 percent (4-of-11) from the three-point line and 85.7 percent (12-of-14) from the free throw line
- Led Northwest Florida State to the region 8 championship with victories over Palm Beach, Florida SouthWestern and Chipola
- Scored his 1000th career point in the championship game vs. Chipola
NJCAA Region 8 Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Shayla Bennett, Gulf Coast State
Sophomore – Guard
- Named MVP of the Region 8 Women’s Basketball Tournament
- Averaged 26.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 1.7 steals, and 0.3 blocks in three games
- Shot 46.3 percent (25-of-54) from the field, 47.6 percent (10-of-21) from the three-point line and 83.3 percent (20-of-24) from the free throw line
- Scored 39 points in the Commodores semifinal win over Florida SouthWestern
- In the finals, she had 23 points, six rebounds and six assists vs. Eastern Florida State